- Infinity (for double-bass, piano & electric)
- Lamentation (for 2-voice overtone singing & fujara)
- The first coil (for harmonics & small fujara)
- The profound isolates (for double harmonica)
- Jewel of the underground (for overtone flute,electric guitar)
- The fragmented dome (for electric guitars)
- Flame (for electric guitar & small fujara)
Originally released in 2000, this is part one of a double album, The Contemporary Nocturne is part two. The Surreal Sanctuary was Vidna’s first solo work since Crossing the Trail. This truly intoxicating blend of ethno-ambient musicality and deep space ambienteering is actually the first half of a double-album project, to be completed with the late-2000 release on Hypnos of The Contemporary Nocturne. Including contributions from Steve Roach (electric guitar atmospheres), Jim Cole (overtone singing and tamboura) and Joris De Backer (double bass), The Surreal Sanctuary represents another step in the process of artistic maturation for vidnaObmana, as commenced with his landmark works The River of Appearance and Crossing the Trail.