- Tiger Lillies: Roll Up
- Walter Sickert & the Army of Broken Toys: Off With Her Head!!!
- Bakelite 78: Aurora Ave Motel *
- Bat Country: Knockin’ on My Coffin *
- Miss Mamie Lavona the Exotic Mulatta and her White Boy Band: Thief Song *
- Nathaniel Johnstone & the Brazilian Surf Mafia: Scarlet Carpet Interstate, Part One
- Huxley Vertical Cabaret Nouveau: Early Chill
- Circus Contraption: If I Told You Once
- Emperor Norton’s Stationary Marching Band: Kibosh on Your Scene
- Veronique Chevalier: The Dance Master *
- The Clockwork Dolls: The Ballad of Black Jack Jezebel
- Blackbird Orchestra: Hollowland
- The Men that Will Not Be Blamed for Nothing: Charlie
- Black Tape for a Blue Girl: Rotten Zurich Cafe | MP3 Clip
- Professor Elemental: Sweet Cold Colation
- Sxip Shirey: Mehenatta
- The Peculiar Pretzelmen: Hammer Nails *
- Rhubarb Whiskey: Lilacs from Canada
- The Magnificent Seven: The Last Waltz
- Toy-Box Trio: Stamp Collection *
* = Previously unreleased
Purchase this title in a 3-pack with two other great compilations, just $17.
Released in an Eco-friendly
4-panel CD Wallet, with 6-page booklet.
Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction and speculative fiction which denotes works set in an era where steam power is still widely used. Alternate history-style presentations of 19th century and often Victorian-era Britain blends with prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy, such as fictional technological inventions like those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or real technological developments, like the computer, occur at an earlier date.
For four years Sepiachord.com has tirelessly explored the strange musical underground where contemporary artists take pre-modern sonic elements and use them to create innovative new music. Now Sepiachord.com joins forces with Projekt Records to present a CD collection of the best of these musicians: A Sepiachord Passport.
With performers hailing from Seattle to London and from New York to Norway, this compilation presents twenty(!) songs that meld dark cabaret, gypsy punk, neo-folk, twisted waltzes and circus blues with pop, rock, hip-hop, world music and the avant-garde. A Sepiachord Passport is sure to take listeners (pleasantly) by surprise!
This wide-ranging collection was carefully curated by the creators of the Sepiachord.com website to include talented up-and-comers alongside established artists to ensure that listeners experience a CD that is both familiar and novel.