1. Breaking the Barriers / Revealing the Unknown ft. Ashtoreth
2. Within the Unintended ft. Distant Fires Burning
3. Erratic Flow ft. Aidan Baker
4. La Vallee de la Somme ft. Georgeson
5. Thrive ft. Misantronics
6. Lesum ft. N(63)
7. Core ft. Dirk Serries
8. Desolation (tour&drums) ft. Karen Willems
9. Until we meet again, Black Narcissus ft. Jesse Massant (Black Narcissus)
1. Accepting the Aftermath
2. Search for Normality
3. Search for Normality (reprise)
4. Endless Despair
6. When You Think Everything is Alright…
Belgian one-man ambient/post-rock act Stratosphere (Ronald Mariën) returns with a remarkable album. Aptly titled ‘Collaborations I’, the new full-length features a plethora of colleagues, including Dirk Serries, Aidan Baker, Karen Willems, N and Ashtoreth. The result is a brand new Stratosphere, the one that dares to explore and experiment. ‘Desolation’, known from the 2016 album ‘Rise’ received a makeover with live drums by Inwolves drummer Karen Willems. The other eight tracks are newly composed duets, opening with a cooperation with shamanic drone ambient guru Ashtoreth. On ‘Collaborations I’ you can hear Stratosphere open up and find new waves to express his creativity. A varied and immersive album on which Ronald and his friends explore downtempo electronics, drone ambient, jazz, noise, post rock and classical music. Drums, saxophone, bass guitar and piano enhance Stratosphere’s soundscapes to create whole new musical landscapes.
A copy of Collaborations I and Aftermath at a nice price.