- Disc One 67:47
- Towards The Dream 7:09 | MP3 edit
- The Continent 4:47 | MP3 edit
- Songline 3:01
- Airtribe Meets The Dream Ghost 7:07 | MP3 edit
- A Circular Ceremony 11:18 | MP3 edit
- The Other Side 13:11 | MP3 edit
- Magnificent Gallery 6:02 | MP3 edit
- Truth In Passing 8:49 | MP3 edit
- Australian Dawn – The Quiet Earth Cries Inside 6:17
- Disc Two 62:42
- Looking For Safety 31:17 | MP3 edit
- Through a Strong Eye 6:50 | MP3 edit
- The Ancient Day 6:07 | MP3 edit
- Red Twilight With The Old Ones 9:50 | MP3 edit
- The Return 8:33
AUGUST 23, 2005
Since its release in 1988, Dreamtime Return has earned its reputation as a genuine classic. The two-CD Magnum Opus is perhaps the most important, widely known and highly respected release in Steve Roach’s vast body of work. it serves as an essential benchmark within the Ambient-Ethno-Atmospheric genre.
“Steve Roach demonstrates that electronic music’s greatest potential may lie in bringing our most elusive dreams and ancient memories into focus through potent, highly imaginative soundscapes. This is without question Steve Roach’s masterpiece. 10-10 rating” CD Review
Roach’s travels in the Australian outback, along with studies of the Aboriginal Dreamtime, and his desert walkabouts in California were the life blood for this recording which still defies the boundaries of genre classification 17 years after its release. Dreamtime Return still sounds like a transmission from the near future and the very distant past.
“Dreamtime Return is more than a seminal recording that has influenced a generation of musicians. It’s the voice you might hear calling back at you at the edge of the world.” – John Diliberto, Echoes Radio, syndicated to over 150 stations nationwide.
“Musically Dreamtime Return richly deserves its classic status, but Roach also deserves credit for leading electronic musicians out of their sheltered studios and into an active relationship with the landscape, the wider world, and deep cultural history. The whole genre is stronger and more relevant for his example.” – Stephen Hill, Hearts of Space Radio