For any questions not answered below, please email: store @ projekt.com.
How long will my order take?
• Orders are shipped within 48 hours, Monday – Friday between Noon – 6pm (Eastern Standard Time).
• Orders in the USA generally arrive 7 to 10 business days from the date you place it on-line.
• Overseas orders generally take about 12 to 20 business days.
What is the advantage of creating an account at Projekt.com?
You do *not* have to create an account to order with us. However, by creating an account you will gain access to a detailed portal with status updates on your current order, as well as information on past orders. We only store your billing and shipping address; all orders are processed by the secure service at PayPal.
Ooops. I didn’t create an account, and now I want to track my order.
That’s ok, you can go to the Tracking Page and get info. Use the four digital Order # from your confirmation email.
I have an account, How can I find out the status of my order?
Go to the My Account Page and log in. You can see all your recent orders. To check the status of a specific order, click on “View” under “Action.” If you have waited longer than the suggested shipping time (above), please contact us at: store @ projekt.com. Tell us your full name and Order #, and we will get back to you with more information.
Can I pay you with a Money Order?
Yes, you can. Here are instructions:
1) Add the items you want to your cart
2) Go through the checkout process, to get the total (with postage + tax). Make sure you click the “Place Order” button on the Checkout Page. This adds your order to our back-end ordering system.
3) You are taken to Paypal. Do nothing there.
4) Click back to the checkout page, and print two copies of your order (one for you / one for us).
5) Please make your money order out to ALTERNATIVE MUSIC MAIL ORDER & RETAIL
6) Mail your money order (and a copy of your order) to:
ALTERNATIVE MUSIC MAIL ORDER & RETAIL
Projekt c/o D.F.
732 South 4th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147
7) Hitting “Place Order” adds your order to our system, and we will set the CDs aside for you. If you send a money order without following the instructions above, your CDs might be out-of-stock by the time the Money Order arrives at Projekt. Please follow the instructions.
8) If we don’t receive your Money Order within 2 weeks of your order being placed, your CDs will be returned to inventory and might not be available when your Money Order arrives. Please be sure to mail that Money Order promptly!
How do your pre-orders work, exactly?
When you see a pre-order item you want, add it to your cart. This is the best way to secure your copy, as many of these releases are limited editions, or we only order what our customers have pre-ordered. Don’t miss out. Because some vendors are unreliable, occasionally (non-Projekt label) pre-order titles arrive after the estimated date listed on the page. This is beyond our control, but we will keep you informed of the progress. You will receive an email when your item arrives and ships.
If you place other items in your cart with a pre-order, they will ship with the pre-order title. If you want those items to ship now, it is best to place a separate order for them.
What if something I want is out of stock?
When an item is out of stock, the product page will include red text that says Out of Stock along with a message on when we expect it back. We do not backorder; if we are out of something please try reordering again at a later date. Also, if you like, you can email: store @ projekt.com, and we will drop you a line when the title is back in stock.
What is your Return Policy?
All sales are considered final. Defective items can be exchanged for an identical item within 30 days of purchase. In such cases, we will replace the defective item for a non-defective version of the exact same item.
If something is missing from your order, please let us know immediately (believe it or not, some people wait 8 months to tell us that something was missing).
Please contact us before attempting a return to receive a Return Authorization. We will not accept any unauthorized returns or exchanges. The customer must pay for the returned item’s shipping costs – Projekt will pay for the replacement item’s shipping cost. When returning an item, please include a copy of any correspondence with us and please be sure to include your full name and address on your correspondence.
Is the Projekt website secure?
Yes. All online transactions are processed by PayPal, who use industry leading security. Their site says PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available). Before you even register or log in to the PayPal site, our server checks that you’re using an approved browser – one that uses SSL 3.0 or higher. Read more at the PayPal site.
I am placing a large order within the U.S. Do you insure your packages?
Please visit our Shipping rates page for details.
I am an overseas customer, are there special instructions for me?
Yes, there are. Read the Foreign Customer Help section of our shipping page.
I just got my latest order and I was surprised to see that 3 out of the 4 cd’s I ordered were open. I have never seen a new one that was not shrinkwrapped. I’m just wondering what’s up with this?
Shea replies: “Not to worry, some of the cds come to us un-shrinkwrapped. Many from foreign labels come to us without jewel cases to save on postage, and when they arrive I take the parts and ‘make’ the cd for you. We don’t shrinkwrap them after that, because it would just make more junk to fill the landfill. Also, there are just too many of them, and frankly, the shrinkwrapper gives off these really nasty fumes that make me a little sick to the stomach Occasionaly, a shrinkwrapped cd has a cracked jewel case, and I’ll open it up and replace it. That way, you end up with a unshrinkwrapped unbroken jewel case instead of a shrinkwrapped broken case. I can assure you that all of our cds are new; we do not sell used merchandise. Enjoy the music!”
Thanks. I hope that helped. If not, email store @ projekt.com and Shea will get your questions answered.